Wrapping up the entire week - Training Summary
Summary: Training Week Statistics
- 586km cycled
- 4,571m in elevation gained cycling
- 21h 25m on the bike
- 1 rest day
- 1 Australian shepard dog interaction
- 1 bee sting while descending 3.5hr into a 5hr ride (a few curse words were uttered but held my composure on the bike, phew)
- 0 lemons found on Mt Lemmon
- 0 sunburns (sunscreen skills on point!)
- 1 bolt lost during bike deconstruction and assemble for plan travel
What's Next for Winter Training?
I will be continuing training back in the great white north. Which means back to hot chocolate in a thermos on rides, doing interval workouts on an indoor trainer, along with mixing in some cross training like running when the weather does not permit cycling on the roads and strength training. And already planning for my next trip to Tucson for another longer training block in February 2020.
Thanks and Recognition;
- Canadian Mountain Bike Adventure Corp (AKA Bikes and Beers Adventures) for your continued support;
- Homestretch Foundation for housing me and being nothing short of welcoming, encouraging and supportive;
- Ainley Group for allowing me flexibility to pursue my goals in cycling while still allowing me be part of a great team of Consulting Engineering, Creating Quality Solutions Together;
- Hamilton United Cycling for an exciting 2020 season to come;
- El Groupo for inspiring me with what a community can accomplish; and
- Family and friends for your continuing support on this cycling endeavor.
If you want to be involved and/or connect with any of these organizations, please follow the above links for more information or contact me directly.
Colossal Caves lookout, last ride in Tucson before packing up to head home.
-Encouraging physical, mental, financial and social health through sport and community-